Early Days Workshops
Marymead Autism Centre delivers the Early Days program in the ACT. Despite these uncertain times, is working to deliver all workshops as usual. We remain committed to ensuring families still have access to our facilitators’ extensive knowledge and expertise in autism through Early Days workshop webinars and/or family telephone consultations. Thank you for your understanding at this challenging time.
Marymead Autism Centre has registered Early Days facilitators to run Early Days workshops. Early
Days is a series of FREE workshops for parents/carers and other family members of children under 7 years of age recently diagnosed
as on the autism spectrum. They are also suitable for parents who feel their child may be on the spectrum but have not received a formal diagnosis.
Please fill out the registration form to register your interest in upcoming workshops.
My child & autism
- understanding autism
- what autism looks like for your child and your family
- how you can make a difference
- navigating the NDIS.
- understanding why your child has behavioural issues
- learn how to identify the purpose of your child's behaviour
- learn how to develop strategies
- plan for success.
Practical Skills Workshops
Helping my child cope with change
- understanding why change is hard and how it impacts on young children on the autism spectrum
- strategies for preparing for change in everyday situations.
Encouraging interaction through play and social learning
- understanding play, social learning, and autism
- understanding the types of play
- strategies to scaffold and encourage play development.
Developing my child's independence
- understanding why everyday self-care skills can be hard for a child on the autism spectrum
- teaching strategies for all skills
- tips for specific skill areas i.e. eating, sleeping, toileting, etc.
- the importance of working as a transition team
- tips and ideas to help you ready your child for school
- funding options.
There is no cost to attend the workshops. Please note that we do not have childcare available at face-to-face workshops.
If you have already attended an Early Days workshop, please take 2 minutes to complete the Early Days Workshops Attendee Survey to help shape the future of Early Days.
Early Days is funded by the Federal Government, Department of Social Services, under the Helping Children with Autism Package.